The movers come on Friday and we are aiming to open in our new space a week later so we will be working in an empty room for a week while half our staff start setting up in our new space. It’s a little scary given it’s Welcome Week (AKA Freshers Week) next week which traditionally signals a deluge of students looking for part-time jobs.
We have a cunning plan to minimise disruption in case the builders run late (er), and are just hoping all our deliveries of guides and directories find us in our new building.
So its end of an era for us.
We have been in Crawford house since the early 1970’s and now the Information Team are flying the nest and going solo (and any other clichés you care to mention).
- No more doing the post.
- No more swipe barrier trying to chop people in half.
- No more being the only ground floor office to help the lost souls on campus.
- No more sub zero temperatures and huddling round fan heaters.
We are looking forward to:
- A new bright airy space. (Hopefully at a temerature that sustains life!)
- Working with new colleagues from other IAG services accross the University, a whole load of new water cooler conversations and biscuits in the kitchen emails.
- Finding out the space works – we have absolutely no clue how students (and staff) are going to react to it.
Wish us luck!